3 More Days Left of AmeriCU Dining Week(s)
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Syracuse, NY – The ninth edition of AmeriCU Dining Week(s) in Downtown Syracuse is crowding downtown with visitors. The promotion continues through Thursday, February 28, 2013 with 23 participating restaurants. As the promotion enters its last week, reports are overwhelmingly positive.
Matt Kendall, manager at the Mission Restaurant called this year’s AmeriCU Dining Week(s) “absolutely fantastic” and stated that business increases by 80% every night as a result of Dining Week. He noted that the promotion continued to “build buzz” for the restaurant.
“Our business has been way up during Dining Week,” said Scott Chambers, manager of the Black Olive. Chambers reports that the restaurant has experienced record numbers, so much so that they have had to turn some diners away due to high demand.
At Empire Brewing Company, manager Adam Eagan described Dining Week(s) thus far as “very busy” and described that the restaurant had had to stay open an hour later one night so far to accommodate all the diners.
Diners can still show their receipt from a participating AmeriCU Dining Week(s) restaurant at the Everson Museum of Art to receive 20% off up to two adult admissions to “American Moderns, 1910-1960: From O’Keeffe to Rockwell.”
Diners also still have time to take photos of their Dining Week meals and post them on the Downtown Syracuse Facebook page or tweet them using the #diningweeksyr hashtag for a chance to win prizes. Several lucky winners will receive certificates good at participating downtown restaurants.
AmeriCU Dining Week is presented by the Downtown Committee and AmeriCU Credit Union, with additional support from T.J. Sheehan, Brewery Ommegang, the Syracuse New Times, Tablehopping, Lemon Grass and Bistro Èlèphant Steakhouse.
For more information about AmeriCU Dining Week(s), including a list of participating restaurants and their AmeriCU Dining Week(s) menus, visit www.DowntownSyracuse.com.
- Ale ‘N Angus Pub 238 Harrison St. 426-9672
- Anthony’s Elbow Room Tavern 122 E. Genesee St. 422-4669
- Anthony’s Pasta Bar 126 E. Genesee St. 422-4669
- bc Restaurant 247 W. Fayette St. 701-0636
- Bistro Èlèphant Steakhouse 238 W. Jefferson St. 475-1111
- Bittersweet Wine & Dessert Bar 127 W. Fayette St. 474-9463
- Black Olive Mediterranean Taverna 316 S. Clinton St. 399-5599
- Bull & Bear Pub 125 E. Water St. 701-3064
- Byblos Mediterranean Café 223 N. Clinton St. 478-3333
- Dinosaur Bar-B-Que 246 W. Willow St. 476-4937
- Empire Brewing Company 120 Walton St. 475-2337
- Kitty Hoynes Irish Pub 301 W. Fayette St. 424-1974
- L’Adour Restaurant Français 110 Montgomery St. 475-7653
- La Taqueria Fresh Mexican Grill 409 S. Clinton St. 422-8811
- Lemon Grass 238 W. Jefferson St. 475-1111
- The Mission 304 E. Onondaga St. 475-7344
- Namu 215 Walton St. 475-0220
- Parisa 317 Montgomery St. 565-5118
- Pastabilities 311 S. Franklin St. 474-1153
- PJ's Pub & Grill 116 Walton St. 478-3023
- Prime Steakhouse 101 E. Water St. 299-8047
- Sakana-Ya Sushi Bar 215 Walton St. 475-0117
- Syracuse Suds Factory 320 S. Clinton St. 471-2253
About the Downtown Committee of Syracuse, Inc.
The Downtown Committee of Syracuse, Inc. is a private, not-for-profit, professional downtown management organization representing all property owners and tenants within the central business district. The Downtown Committee undertakes programs to improve downtown's image, strengthen its economic base, increase its attractiveness, and assure that it's clean, safe and accessible. For more information, visit www.downtownsyracuse.com.