Job Opportunity: Parking Lot Attendant
Monday, March 25, 2019
Title: Parking Lot Attendant
Reports to: Director of Environmental Maintenance
Job Summary and Key Responsibilities:
The primary focus of the parking lot attendant is to greet customers, calculate parking charge and collect fees from customers and make change, issue ticket stubs and keep parking area clean and orderly to ensure space usage is maximized. The parking lot attendant is responsible for:
- Directing motorists to parking spaces using hand signals if necessary
- Monitoring the parking area in order to prevent vehicle damage or property thefts
- Lifting, positioning and removing barricades or parking signage to open or close the lot
- Empting cash drawer at end of shift and prepare cash and tickets for deposit in bank; prepare daily revenue reports as required
- Maintaining work area in a clean and orderly condition; informing supervisor concerning replenishment of required materials and supplies.
- Monitoring access into parking lot
- Performing other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Staff must represent the Downtown Committee of Syracuse in a professional manner at all times and may be asked to assist with other Downtown Committee functions such as events or other parking lot operations. Successful candidates should have an exceptional customer service ethic and may be required to work irregular shifts (split, evenings, weekends and holidays).
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Ability to perform simple math
- Ability to perform job duties in a variety of outdoor weather conditions
- Ability to follow instructions and retain information
- Must be able to work independently with professionalism
- Must be able to use cell phone, calculator and other equipment as required
- May require lifting or carrying of objects up to 50 pounds
Qualifications and Experience:
Responsible, self-motivated individual who can learn quickly and follow instructions accurately. A valid NYS Driver’s License is required along with a good driving record and experience driving a truck or van. Must conform to a dress code and a criminal background check on all applicants is required. High school graduate preferred.
Salary and Benefits:
$11.10/hour, excellent benefits including health plan, 401(k), paid holidays and vacations.
Please email resume and cover letter to Chuck McFadden at firstname.lastname@example.org, or send via mail to:
Downtown Committee of Syracuse, Inc.
Attention: Parking Lot Attendant Position
115 West Fayette Street
Syracuse, NY 13202